Aloha Paradise Quizzers,
The winners of our Surfers Paradise & Lakeside Paradise Quiz are known!
Who will win a BBQ for 2 at Surfers Paradise and a Chicken on the Spit evening for 2 at Lakeside Paradise?
Answers Lakeside Paradise Quiz :
- The first wakeboarding at Lakeside Paradise took place in the year 2012.
- The maximum depth of the Duinenwater lake is 27 metres.
- The cable car route is 720 metres long.
- There may be 8 wakeboarders at the same time on the cable.
- Our first clubhouse was The Ice Bar !
- The first meals came from Lucy Chang.
- We have at Lakeside Paradise 21 obstacles in the water.
- Our sports hostel has 80 beds.
- We annually throw 30 tonnes coccoliths in Lake Duinenwater.
- Shift question: In 2019, Lakeside Paradise & Surfers Paradise counted 1260 members!
Winner of the Lakeside Paradise Quiz: Tanya Verstraeten. Congratulations!
Answers Surfers Paradise Quiz:
- The turret of Surfers Paradise is 9 metres high.
- We mention the statue of Antony Gormley, which stands at the head of the eastern breakwater next to Surfers Paradise, Oscar.
- The Knokish name for breakwater is a brislam.
- The tree in the clubhouse next to the bar was found on the beach at Costa Rica. <3
- Our storeroom counts 6 ports.
- Surfers Paradise celebrated its 30th anniversary in the year 2017.
- The lighthouse we see every day to the north in the sea is the lighthouse of Westkapelle (NL).
- Keith Haring made his logo for Surfers Paradise in the year 1989.
- The bronze surfer statue that stands at the entrance to Surfers Paradise was given to us by the one and only Jack O'Neill !
- Shift question: In our wind & wave school we offer 103 wave surfboards in various sizes.
Winner of the Surfers Paradise Quiz : Veronique BeaudoinCongratulations!